Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I’m Accepting the Challenge, Are You?

During the month of February, The Armchair Genealogist encourages genealogists and family historians to participate in The Family History Writing Challenge.

What is this challenge, you ask?  It’s a commitment to yourself to write about your family history each day throughout the month of February.  You simply make a pledge to write a certain number of words per day and then stick to it.  All of the details can be found here.

I must admit, I did not participate last year.  It wasn’t because I didn’t want to, I just had too many competing priorities.  But that’s all behind me and I’m ready to commit to the challenge this year!

My pledge is 300 words (at a minimum) per day.  I’m going to use this time to write vignettes of my ancestors, which I will post (at GenBlog) throughout the month of February.  This is a very ambitious goal, but one that I hope to accomplish.

So who’s going to join me?

1 comment:

Lynn Palermo said...

Thanks Julie for accepting the challenge and look forward to reading your stories.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...